Theodore (Terry) V. Lyons Jr.
E-mail MeTheodore (Terry) V. Lyons Jr.
Theodore (Terry) Lyons has represented clients in personal injury and insurance cases for over 21 years. Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Lyons enjoys a reputation of straight-forward practicality. This reputation has led other attorneys to retain Terry to represent them for their own legal matters and to seek his services as a third arbitrator and mediator in difficult cases.
With a practice focusing on personal injury and general civil trials, Lyons has handled many million dollar claims for injured individuals and insurance companies alike. While his clients appreciate the early evaluation and settlement efforts he advocates, they also appreciate his willingness to try cases when necessary to achieve fair results.
Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on March 27, 1953, Terry Lyons graduated from Grove City College in Grove City, Pennsylvania, in 1976. He received his law degree from the University of Wisconsin - Madison (cum laude) in 1978.
Lyons has taught litigation and negotiation as an instructor in the General Practice course at the University of Wisconsin Law School and has frequently lectured on litigation topics for State Bar of Wisconsin CLE programs. In addition he has served as a chapter author for The Law of Damages in Wisconsin from 1988 - 1999 for the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Lyons lives with his wife and four children in Milton, Wisconsin. He is active in a variety of community organizations and in his church.
Areas of Practice
- 45% Personal Injury - Defense
- 45% Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 10% Litigation and Appeals
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Wisconsin, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. cum laude
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1975
- Honors: Highest Honors in History
- Major: History
- "The Law of Damages in Wisconsin", State Bar of Wisconsin 1988-2000, (Chapter)
- West Bend Mutual Insurance Company
- Rural Mutual Insurance Company
- Wisconsin Adjusting, Inc.
- Auto Owners Insurance
- Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance Company
- Harco National Insurance Company
- Cumis Mutual Insurance Company
- Fanning Excavating, Inc.
- McKnight Excavating, Inc.
- Prairie Woods Golf, Inc.
- Lecturer on Litigation Topics, University of Wisconsin Law School
- Lecturer on Litigation Topics, State Bar of Wisconsin (CLE) Programs
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1978 - 2000
- Rock County Bar Association, 1978 - 2000
- Defense Research Institute, 1978 - 2000
- Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin, 1978 - 2000
- Omicron Delta Kappa